Head and Assistant Evaluators Required for Try-Outs
- these are paid positions
- applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Evaluator qualifications
Preference will be given to a head evaluator who has/is:
- strong interpersonal, communication and instructional skills
- considerable years of playing experience (Jr. Level or higher) or coaching experience as a head coach at a variety of levels in minor hockey
- current with coaching qualifications and current on the latest hockey techniques and skills
- able to organize prescribed drills for players and evaluators on the ice
- able to organize and supervise evaluators who are rating players during the try-outs
- is available a high degree of the time from the beginning of September to mid-October when try outs take place
- able to take charge of scheduling evaluators as well as on ice personnel
Assistant Evaluator qualifications
Assistant Evaluators should:
- have good interpersonal, communication and instructional skills
- have some experience coaching at the minor hockey levels or playing at a high level (Jr or higher).
- be current on the latest hockey techniques and skills and be able to demonstrate skills and drills on the ice.
- be able to organize prescribed drills for players on the ice.
- be able to accurately rate players during the try-outs based on a training session run by the head evaluator.
- be available a high degree of time from the beginning of September to Mid October. If you are evaluating peewee try-outs you must be able to make all peewee try-out dates and times.