As you may be aware, new Manitoba Public Health Orders will take effect September 3, 2021. In accordance with the new orders, Allard Arena, Keith Bodley Arena and all other facilities will require all individuals over the age of 18 to be fully vaccinated in order to enter a facility. The Province’s vaccination requirement currently does not include individuals between the ages of 12-17 related to youth sports.
This vaccination requirement applies to all parents, coaches, referees, and spectators over the age of 18 with no exceptions. Individuals will be required to show proof of vaccination and photo ID to enter Allard Arena and KW Community Centre/Keith Bodley Arena, effective September 3, 2021.
Government-issued photo ID and the following documents are considered proof of immunization in Manitoba:
- Manitoba Immunization Card or QR code (details from Manitoba Health);
- National Defense Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Card/Record;
- Canada Public Health Association (CPHA) Travel Vaccination Record;
- An official document issued within a Canadian province or territory containing information of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination history; or
- International traveller immunization documentation submitted to Canadian border service officials and government-issued photo identification that confirms citizenship.
SJAMHA volunteers and Allard and Keith Bodley employees do not have any access to your medical records and will be unable to resolve any errors or disputes. All Allard and Keith Bodley arena employees are fully immunized.
Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a fully immunized caregiver who is over the age of 18. Participants under the age of 18 who cannot be accompanied by a parent or guardian will be the responsibility of their individual coach or team manager while in the facility.
Mask wearing requirements
In addition to the new vaccination requirement, all guests over the age of 5 are required to wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose at all times, unless actively participating on the ice. Gaiters, bandanas, and face coverings with exhalation vents are not considered to be sufficient and a face shield still requires a face covering.
Participants must wear their mask upon entering Allard Arena and until they leave the change room, as well as upon leaving the ice after their activity, and until exiting the building.
Coaches and referees are required to wear a mask at all times, including while coaching from the bench, except when on the ice.
Spectators are required to wear a mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. All Allard and Keith Bodley employees and SJAMHA volunteers will wear approved masks. For the safety of everyone in attendance, guests unable to wear an approved mask will not be admitted to the venue.
Allard Arena, Keith Bodley Arena and SJAMHA volunteers will continue to follow all public health orders and will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible should increased restrictions and protocols be put into place. Given the nature of the pandemic, however, these changes may at times take effect with little notice. Please refer to Manitoba.ca for the most current health and safety information.
Arrival time & capacity limitations
Participants, coaches, referees, officials, instructors, and spectators will not be able to enter Allard Arena or KW Community Centre/Keith Bodley Arena until thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of their scheduled event and are asked to vacate the premises thirty (30) minutes after the scheduled event has concluded. This will allow time for proof of vaccine check-in which is expected to cause delays at the main entrance during peak times.
This will be a limit of two (2) spectators per participant in the building to help us meet all provincial guidelines.
General information related to this update
- Capacity limits revert to 100% of normal due to these changes however social distancing is still encouraged.
- Members must enter Allard Arena at the north east entrance and exit the South East doors.
- There is no congregating in the lobby or standing along the glass.
- Participants can use the washrooms located in their assigned dressing rooms (including showers).
- There is a zero-tolerance policy regarding spitting in effect at all times.
- Allard Arena and KW Community Centre/Keith Bodley Arena staff will continue to sanitize the high traffic and high touch areas of the building.
- Additional pre-screening /tracking forms or completing an online self-assessment are not required at this time.
- Please do not enter Allard Arena or KW Community Centre/Keith Bodley Arena if you are experiencing any Covid-19 related symptoms.
Thank you for your cooperation.